Sunday, January 9, 2011

French Dish

Here's our second dish! we made Coq au Vin, and all I can say is, YUM! I think this is the best thing we've ever made!! I will defiantly make this again, but not anytime soon because it's very time consuming and buttery/rich; not something one should be eating too much of! haha So here are the pictures of the feast!

 A helpful trick that was in the book: put shallots in boiling water for 5 mins. then drain and they are much easier to peel!




 Please excuse our strange attire, I look a little haggard! hha

 Some champagne...French of course!



 Browned chicken, not cooked all the way yet!

 The sauce thickened with flour and butter!

 mmmmmmm


 Voila!

C&C

4 comments:

  1. Great first stab at Coq au vin!! It was very tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic. I am going to make it just with mashrooms.
    Thank you guy!!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks so yummy! I found you from your mom's blog :o) I think that a glass of wine... or champagne is essential to any great cooking sesh, especially when I'm making a meal with my boyfriend. Take care & great job with the blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you guys are too cute. And also that cook book looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete